Please join us on Thursday 4/27/2023 as we celebrate the 2022 Peace Officer, Firefighter and Support Person's of the year.
Event Details: 04/27/2023,
Check in 5:30 PM, no host bar
Dinner at 6:30 PM
Program at 8:00 PM
The Monterey County Peace Officer's Association has several awards that are available to recognize accomplishments of peace officers, prosecutors and civilians. The following guidelines shall be used when recommending and considering these awards to recognized individuals and groups.
1) This request is to be in writing and submitted to the MCPOA Board of Directors at the above address. It shall be endorsed by the ranking official or his/her designee, of the law enforcement agency of the person(s) to be recognized.
The MCPOA recognizes that some law enforcement agencies do not utilize the MCPOA as a forum for recognition. In such cases, please follow the format listed below.
2) All requests shall be submitted in a timely manner. The MCPOA will consider all requests that are submitted within six months of the incident having occurred and/or six months after the completion of the investigation, or court has concluded.
3) Civilians are eligible for a "Citizen Award" only. Any person who holds a reserve peace officer status will be recognized as a peace officer only when actively working in that capacity, pursuant to Penal Code Section 830.6(a)(1) PC.
4) The Award of Excellence recognizes an attorney employed by the District Attomey's Office who has performed above and beyond the call of duty. All requests for this award shall be directed to the District Attorney, who will review the request and, if appropriate, endorse and submit it to the MCPOA for consideration.
5) A member of the Board of Directors may make a written request for an award for an incident in which they are familiar. However, there must be an endorsement by the ranking law enforcement official of the agency involved.
6) To maintain the integrity of the MCPOA awards system, NO award request will be accepted for consideration that has not followed these guidelines and received an endorsement from that agency's ranking law enforcement official.
If you wish to nominate someone for an award please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and the situation that brought about the nomination.
"For conspicuous bravery wherein great personal risk has been taken, above and beyond the call of duty, that has placed an officer's life in great peril, which resulted in or could have resulted in injury or wounds to the officer(s) involved, usually at the hands of another; or where great personal risk has been taken above and beyond the call of duly in the rescuing or aiding of another, which resulted in or could have resulted in injury or wounds to the officer."
Red-White-Blue Enamel Pin
"For life saving efforts, above and beyond the call of duty, which resulted in or could have resulted in the saving of a human life by an officer or officers, on or off duty."
Red- White-Red Enamel Pin
"For exceptional performance above and beyond the call of duty in which an officer has excelled outside the realms of his normal duties; for performance above and beyond the scope of his/her investigation which resulted in the identification and/or arrest of a suspect or suspects: a major crime or series of crimes; for outstanding years of public service to the law enforcement community or the community at large; and for an exceptional investigation and/or handling of a unique or unusual situation through his/her deeds or actions."
Blue-White Enamel Pin
"For any performance which should be recognized which does not fit the previous listed criteria for an award, and that are within the scope of their daily duties NOT above and beyond the call of duty, but are notable for the manner in which they were investigated and/or handled."
"Any performance by a civilian which exemplifies superior performance through his/her acts or deeds which benefits law enforcement and/or the community. These acts may be included in any of the above listed award criteria but are to be recognized through the Civilian Award."
"For exceptional performance above and beyond the call of duty in which a prosecutor has excelled outside the realms of his/her normal duties; for which performance above and beyond the scope of his/her prosecution duties has resulted in the conviction and/or imprisonment of a suspect or suspects in a major crime or series of crimes; for outstanding years of public service to the law enforcement community at large; and for exceptional performance in the handling of a unique and/or unusual situation through his/her acts or deeds."